I'm a big outdoor gal so I love to make the most of any outdoor space I have at home. But big or small, furnishing and decorating an outdoor space can be costly - to the environment and the wallet. Buying a lot of new plastic and steel patio furniture isn't the most sustainable way to create a stylish outdoor room.
Instead, think about using:
- handmade wooden furniture, or a diy wooden table or bench
- used and vintage furniture that would look great when weathered
- old wicker furniture spray painted a new colour
- an ugly old kitchen table painted, or just left as is with a beautiful tablecloth over it
- camping chairs made chic with colourful pillows and throws
- your own indoor decor and rugs brought outside to a covered porch
- tea light candles in mason jars
- clay pots and old baskets for planters and as decoration
- flowers and greenery to make things lush
Have fun getting creative to create a cozy outdoor space of your own, without spending tons of money on new furniture. Celebrate our planet with sustainable outdoor living!