OK, I'm heading into the home stretch now on finishing up my office. If you missed the first part of this 6-week challenge to finish a room, check out the posts starting in week 1. This week, in an effort to save money and practice what I preach about sustainable designing, I created home-made art, and hacked a discount IKEA chair that had been in my storage closet for a while, instead of buying new.
First up, DIY art. I made 3 abstract paintings out of leftover mdf board from another project. First I used primer and then just tried out some patterns until I was happy with the result. Then I drilled a hole in the back of each for hanging on the wall.
Next was figuring out how to use an IKEA Nordmyra chair that I picked up a while ago in the clearance section for $20. It was all scratched up, but nothing a little camouflage wouldn't fix. I simply cut pieces of wallpaper to size and used spray adhesive to cover the seat and back. I also covered it all with a glaze, just to make sure the edges held tight.
Check out this post for a tutorial on how I wallpapered this chair.
And make sure to check in on the other talented participants to see how their rooms are progressing.